Anybody that knows me knows that if there’s anything I’m more passionate about than my hair, it is LIPSTICK. I love lipstick and I admit that my obsession with it is a little unhealthy, but that’s all the more reason why I thought I would share some of my fave lipsticks with you all 🙂
P.S. – these lippies aren’t listed in any particular order at all
1) RiRi Woo/Ruby Woo (Mac Cosmetics / $16) – because everybody needs a classic matte red with blue undertones in their collection. RiRi Woo was apart of a limited edition collection that Mac launched with Rihanna (whose birthday is today, happy birthday Queen RiRi)! Although RiRi Woo isn’t available on Mac’s website anymore, you can get it on sites like eBay or Amazon for just a little more than the original retail price. Unlike RiRi Woo, Ruby Woo is a part of Mac’s permanent collection so it will always be there when you’re ready to rock some lovely red lips.
2) Heroine (Mac Cosmetics / $16) – because everybody needs a true purple in their lipstick collection! I’m quite sure everyone and their mama has this color, but it’s one of my absolute favorites. If you’re familiar with Mac and their collection some of their matte lipsticks can be extremely dry, but Heroine is the correct amount of matte (if that’s even a thing).
3) Smoked Purple (Mac Cosmetics / $16) – because if you’re into dark, bold lip colors this is the lip for you! Smoked purple is a deep eggplant purple, and it’s matte, which I think makes it that much better of a lipstick.
4) Pervette (Mac Cosmetics / $16) – because if you’re looking for a subtle lipstick with slight color this is the lipstick just for you! Pervette is a soft bright pink with violent opalescent shimmer so it gives you the perfect amount of color for days when you would like to be a little more subtle. Also, unlike the previous colors listed Pervette has a glaze finish so it doesn’t leave your lips feeling extremely dry.
5) 3 Witches (Pretty Zombie Cosmetics / $12) – because similar to Heroine, everyone needs a popping purple lippie (or 2) in their collection. I love 3 Witches so much because it’s a lip paint, also known as a liquid lipstick. Liquid lipsticks typically ensure that you won’t have to reapply your lipstick all day. Besides being a really great liquid lipstick, 3 witches is just really vibrant and it’s definitely an eye catcher.
6) After Midnight (Manic Panic / $12) – because everybody needs an electric blue lipstick. Initially electric blue lipstick sounds like a bit much, but I think it might be one of my best purchases. I normally pair it with a darker lip liner and it looks amazing.
7) Black Sesame (NYX Cosmetics / $6) – because gray is the new black. Yes, that’s right a gray lipstick! It’s apart of NYX’s macaroon lipstick collection, which is full of a bunch of vibrant colors. I usually pair it with a black liner to create an ombre look. I think it’s definitely a good change from the traditional lipstick colors.
8) Flat Out Fabulous (Mac Cosmetics / $16) – because everybody should look pretty in pink. I’m not really a fan of pink lipstick. I have always been more of a purple girl, but this shade of pink is absolutely amazing. It’s also a retro matte which makes it an even bolder, daring color.
9) Sin (Mac Cosmetics / $16) – because everybody needs a classic burgundy lipstick. I think Mac named this color Sin because it should be a sin for a lipstick to look this amazing. It’s the perfect shade for when you want to go out and get all dolled up, or even if you’re just like me and you appreciate a great lipstick color.
10) Maison (NYX Cosmetics / $16) – because every brown girl needs a beautiful brown lipstick to match her. I spent quite a bit of time searching for the perfect brown lipstick and I was like a kid in a candy store when I came across NYX’s Maison. It’s ultra matte finish makes it that much more of a personal favorite.
11) Ghoulish (LA Splash Cosmetics / $12 ) – because everybody needs the perfect nude. Just like 3 Witches Ghoulish is a liquid lipstick, and it stays on pretty much all day. It’s the perfect lip color for those days when you’re going for a subtle, natural look.
12) Chinchilla ( LimeCrime Cosmetics / $18) – because I had to end this list with one of the prettiest purple lipsticks ever. First of all, I’m in love with this lipstick simply because the casing is so cute. The case itself is purple and it has an unicorn on it, could it get any cuter than that? But back to the color, it’s an opaque lavenderish purple, so it’s super pigmented and creamy. I typically pair it with a dark purple liner and it creates the perfect purple ombre lip look.
That’s all folks, so I hope my list inspires you to go out and buy a new lippie or two!