With the holidays quickly approaching; like seriously, it’s right around the corner! I know a lot of you may be stressing at the idea of what to get the curly girl in your life; sometimes there can be way too many hair products to choose! And once you do decide, how do you know that you’re getting the right one for their specific hair type or texture? Well, I’m here to help! Continue reading The Ultimate Curly Girl Gift Guide
Tis the holiday season! You might have last minute shopping to do and have absolutely no idea what to get your naturalista. Here’s my gift to you, a gift guide to minimize the holiday stress when it comes to gifting your curly haired friend or family member.
1. Decorative bobby pins or clips
You cannot go wrong with a beautiful hair accessory like these from Elle’s line at Ulta. These make for the perfect touch to almost any hairstyle whether it’s a wash and go or a twist-out.
2. Kinky Curly Gift Set
This Kinky Curly gift set from Curlmart is perfect for winter. This time of the year, hair can become dry and brittle without proper care. Curlmart’s gift set is the perfect winter concoction; it was designed to lock in moisture while the tempetures are cold.
Headwraps are the perfect protective style for the winter. The Wrap Life provides a wide range of wraps coming in many different patterns and colors. There’s also an array of video tutorials on the website, as t the many different ways you can tie up your scarf. Wraps not only will protect a naturalista’s hair, but it’ll also keep her head warm during the winter!
4. Satin Pillowcase
A natural hair must! A satin pillowcase will protect any naturalista’s hair throughout the night. Natural Hair Shop has a nice selection of colors to choose from that any naturalista will appreciate.
5. Naturalista T-shirt
Dearnaturalista has the perfect t-shirts for naturalista’s. The t-shirts boast phrases such as “DON’T TOUCH THE HAIR” or “BIG HAIR BIG DREAMS.”. This gift will be great for any naturalista; you simply cannot go wrong with a t-shirt.
Once again, winter is approaching and that means that hair is at risk for becoming dry. Why not buy conditioner? Whether you know your naturalista’s favorite conditioner or not Target has an abundant supply or hair products made specifically for African American hair. Find the African American hair aisle and have a ball!
7. Oils, Oils and more oils!
Coconut, lavender, chamomile, rosemary, tea tree, and many more oil options! I’m sure any naturalista would appreciate some oil for their hair. Just be sure to look into the benefits of the oils before you gift this gift. You would not want to buy your naturalista myrrh oil if he has extremely oily hair.
Hair Flair’s Curlformers are a good way to achieve curls without heat. The Curlformers come in an array of sizes and types of curls.
9. Bobby pins
Naturalistas go through a lot of bobby pins, so why not buy them more? You can never have too many bobby pins! Sally’s beauty supply is a good place to go for some quality level bobby pins.
It is that time of year again. Tis the season for hot chocolate, fuzzy socks, red and green coffee cups, and all the moisturizer you can get your hands and hair on (We all know how this weather can dry up your curls).
So as you are exchanging Secret Santa gifts at your job and checking your family’s Christmas list…twice, share with another natural the gift of hydrated, perfect curls. Here are a few gifts that are most likely on every natural’s Christmas list.
1. Diffusers. Can’t go wrong with one of these babies. Everyone wants that perfect wash ‘n’ go but without the frizz. Diffusers help eliminate that while bringing an elongated and defined look . Pay attention to some of her favorite natural Youtube vloggers and see which diffusers they are using. I recommend buying a regular blow dryer, and going to a beauty supply store and buying an attachment there. Feel free to throw in a matching heat protectant while you’re at it.
2. Natural Hair Expo. I cannot speak from experience, but I can speak through referrals. I always hear great reviews from people who attend Curls over Brunch or natural hair expos. It can be a ladies night out where you and your girlfriends rent out an apartment in the city and attend a natural hair event during the day and do dinner and drinks at night. Tickets are usually not very pricey, but make sure to get them early because they always, always sell out.
3. A Gift Basket of Hair Products. Shea Moisture, Mane Choice, Carol’s Daughter. There are so many brands out there with incredible lines. Pick one that she has been wanting to experiment with. Choose a line and create a gift basket with all the products from that line. Choose a shampoo, co-wash, leave-in conditioner, oil or serum, and a deep conditioner. TIP: you may want to double up on the deep conditioner, after all it is winter. Buy a woven basket from Hobby Lobby or Target. Pick up some clear tissue or wrapping paper and a bow. After placing all the products in the basket, wrap the basket with the paper making a knot at the top and place the bow around the knot for a cute presentation under the tree.
4. Gift card. When in doubt, gift cards NEVER FAIL. If you are afraid she may have all of the above or she may not like what you picked out, a gift card to ULTA can definitely do the trick.
Hopefully these tips above can make the rest of your holiday shopping a bit easier. Another tip: stay updated with sales, discounts, coupons, and giveaways on social media. Many companies use this time to reach out to all of their customers, so stay on your toes, or should I say finger tips, so that you can buy all the best gifts without breaking your wallet.